Thursday, June 21, 2007

So. SYTYCD is underway and I was thinking back on my favorite dancers of seasons past. The only one I remember from Season 1 is Blake McGrath. Can I just tell you how much I loved this guy? He's incredible... and apparently not hurting for work. I guess I remember Nick but I remember him because I remember liking Blake more.




Gah.

My season 2 favorites were Travis, Ivan, Allison and Natalie (Trivallie). Apparently I like the lyrical dances. They grab my insides and twist them all around. I still think it's a crime that Heidi and Donyelle outlasted Natalie and Allison. And? that Benji beat out Travis for the win. *rolls eyes*

I want to have a favorite this year based on more than just hottness but I don't yet. Well, I guess my love for Hok is based on more than just his looks. I have a soft spot for him that's been there for a couple years. Glad to finally see him there. I'm not sure how long he'll last though and I'm not sure I could handle him doing a lyrical number. My soft spot for Ivan exploded into some kind of maternal adoration when he did his lyrical number with Allison. awwww. I love Ivan.

ahhhhhhhhh. I loved Allison's last dance. With Travis just standing there. ohmigawd *heartwrench*

3 comments:

Velva said...

I'm gonna have to disagree with you about season one, but only because I know Nick from dance stuff in our community. He's just the greatest kid I've ever had the pleasure of chatting up backstage as I dress a middle-aged man in a hoop skirt and he does a quick costume change. Yes... I am a ballet mom, and he's one of our local boys. We were so proud of him when he won!

I'm with you on the Benji thing, even though he's part of my WCS dance community. I really wanted Travis to get the big win and didn't think Heidi belonged in the final four. Benji's baby sister Lacey, on the other hand, I am supporting wholeheartedly. I'm really loving what she's done so far.

One of my favorite guys got let go tonight in favor of my least favorite. Please Glowie... we can disagree about Lukas, Chris Richardson, even (gasp!) Dilana and I will still *heart* you always. But if you ever vote for Cedric, please don't tell me. My heart couldn't take it...

Glowie said...

oh, I don't dislike Nick. I just LOVE Blake.

I'm really liking Lacey too. I didn't wanna but I can't help it.

Dilana?

I'm not a fan of Cedric, sweets. I really liked Ricky and Jimmy is way better than Cedric, so I'm not on that train at all.

Velva said...

Yeah, I was posting caffinated... I babble.

I get random when I babble.