Friday, September 14, 2007

Scripted Reality

If you know a "reality" show is fixed from the beginning, do you continue to watch it? I know I do. I watch it hoping I was wrong. I watch it hoping for some dramatic ending. I watch it because I just know that CBS can't be that obvious about fixing a game. They can tell me as many times as they want that it wasn't fixed but I will never believe them. This article mentions exactly when one of the competitors lost the competition... at least twice. It also mentions the total coldness of his loving daughter. What a heartless cunt (if there is ever a person this word needs to be used to describe, it's this person). Here are a few examples:

{snip}

12:25 - I am absolutely convinced that I saw Dick let go of the key. From the look on Daniele's face she saw it too but Big Brother doesn't call it and the competition continues.

{snip}

1:56 - I see it again! Dick clearly let go of the key. There was a close up of it on feed one. Again Big Brother does nothing about it. It doesn't get any more obvious than that.

{snip}

2:00 - Daniele goes over to her Dad to encourage him and tells him "You're doing so good, I could never have done this!" Dick tells her "I'm done." She says "Don't give up, you're doing so good." Dick starts to cry. Then Daniele starts to cry. She turns and walks away. She knows it's over. She walks into the house, doesn't want to be there anymore. She watches her Dad through the window.

{snip}

She tells her Dad that the hoses that were wetting them down were not turned on to the same force of water. She says "mine was like a two, a drip. Zach's was like a six, it really blasted him." She tells Dick the hose guy kept grinning at her. Of course the feeds cut. Can't have more of Big Brother's influence being shown to the live feed viewers.


If anybody could make me feel badly for this obscene excuse for a human being, it's his daughter. He kept looking at her, pleading for her to tell him it was okay to step down and she wouldn't.

His hours-long verbal abuse, requested once again by his darling daughter, directed this time at Zach, were humiliating. Calling him "panty muncher", making fun of his teeth (because his father is a dentist), making obscene comments about his ex-girlfriend, implying he's a racist... But I'm not sure who he humiliated the worst, himself, Zach or Zach's family and friends... or the viewers. I kept wanting to fast forward through my three-hour recording of Big Brother After Dark, most of which was him taunting Zach with spit dripping down his chin and Zach just standing there, but I couldn't. I felt terribly that nobody was there for Zach. Nobody was there to tell Dick how disgusting he is. So I watched it. I watched it somehow feeling like I was supporting Zach.

I said a few posts back that I almost want to start rooting for the Donatos. How stupid were the other houseguests to not get rid of them when they could? Zach not using that veto was almost the last straw. Then they opened their mouths and I was reminded why it is impossible, as a compassionate human being, to root for them.

I so want the jurors, the poor evictees who have to choose between the two most disgusting people to ever appear on "reality" television, to tell them how horrible they are. I want the Donatos to walk out of there knowing that they will never gain respect from any of those people. I want one of them to tell them how I feel about them. Please, Dustin, Jen, Zach, please salvage something from the weeks I spent watching in horror as you all let these people slip through.

I fear though that the only satisfaction I can get out of this season of Big Brother is just knowing that money will not make their lives better and the hope that it causes a greater divide in their relationship.

I hope Nick watched more of the live feeds and realizes what a wretched, hateful, despicable, cold-hearted bitch he poured himself all over and he runs away as fast as he can.

I want to tell you that I will never watch this show again but it brought me James Rhine so it can't be all bad all the time. I just fear that next year we'll have fourteen people going, "Are you America's Player?"..."I bet he's America's Player." and a bunch of Evel "You think you're a rebel?" Dick wannabes pouring tea on people's heads and threatening death by ass rape.

For the heck of it, my list in order of likability:
Jen *floaty hearts*
Jameka
Zach
Mike (based on the probability that he would have likely stood up to Dick)
Dustin
Kail
Joe (?)
Carol (?)
Jessica
Amber
Nick (though he'll jump up to the top if he dumps Daniele on live television)
Dick
Eric
Daniele

2 comments:

Jen said...

I decided last night that I want Dick to win. It's the worst possible scenario for both of them. Dani wants to win soooooo bad. And Dick wants her to win, too. So I hope Dick wins and that they are both miserable forever and ever.

Schnookie said...

The thing that gets me so mad is that apparently Dick is loved by so many peeps. I read that he's America's fave on a CBS poll. *puke*

It really hurts me knowing there are so many peeps out there loving what Dick did. A lot of hateful people out there in the world.

I also would hope that the two of them would get bashed at the finale but I just know that they won't. All anyone cares about is being on tv so they'll just try to get their 15 more minutes of fame out of it.

I highly doubt I'll be watching the show. I didn't watch the finale with Maggot so I'm sure I can change the channel when this finale is on.

Yeah, I'll be watching again next year but I fear you are right in that there will be a lot of Dick wannabes on the show. I don't think I could watch another season like that. Whenever Dick ranted, I always changed the channel. Made me sick.