Tuesday, February 20, 2007

2/20/07 - Top 12 Male performance night

Rudy “Free Ride” (is that what it’s called?) - meh. Just barely average. I agree with Randy and Simon. Corny and not at all unique.

Brandon “Rock With You” - nice. He has a smooth and soothing R&B voice. And he is really nice to look at.

Sundance “Nights in White Satin” - awesome song choice but it wasn’t executed as well as I’d have liked. And? he blinks too much.

Paul “Careless Whisper” - hmmm… I’m not sure if I like him or not. He has a really great voice but he starts to do weird things with words. I don’t know how to explain it. The middle kicked it and then it fell off again. Ryan has really ugly feet. Paul’s feet are nice.

Chris Richardson “I Don‘t Wanna Be” - yay! I really liked it! And! He’s so cute! I don’t think we need to carbon copy Justin though. The dressing the moving and the hair cutting doesn’t have to be identical. But I’m giving him the benefit of a doubt because he’s so cute!

Nick “Now And Forever” - I really like his voice. It’s smokey and he hit a nice falsetto. Amy swooned a little. It was cute. I like her now. Heh. Randy was totally insane on this one. Wow. What? I was hearing something else. Thank you, Simon! “Vote for Pedro” HA!

Blake “Somewhere Only We Know” - I really like him. He has a nice voice. Love the beat boxing. I hope we do see lots of it. Loved the song choice. Unexpected. Ah. Paula agrees. I really like him. Oooh tattoos!

Sanjaya “Knocks Me Off My Feet” - there’s something so natural about him that makes it very hard not to appreciate him. I just love him. He’s like sunshine and cookies.

Chris Sligh “Typical” - I didn’t love it. He should have picked a song that would showcase his voice. Should not be ripping on Simon. That's getting tiring.

I love Simon. He is my crush this year. I said not to let me crush on Simon but it’s too late now.

Jared “Back At One” - No. All over the place. Horrible.

AJ “Never Too Much” - I think they let him through because they were tired of him coming back. Ugh. Paula up dancing around. This show is such a joke.

Phil “I Could Not Ask For More” - He has gigantic ears. My husband would never not be accessible when I am a week away from my due date. Anyway. He seems like a nice enough fellow. If you managed to stay awake through the first 30 seconds, you’d have found that it ended up being really good. He picked it up. One of the best of the night. The best vocal? No, Randy, it was not the best. *rolls eyes*

Oh my God! I love Simon. “…like Chris Daughtry who nailed songs like that…”

Boot prediction(s). Is there one or two? I forget. Rudy and Sundance or Jared.

Ranking?
Blake
Sanjaya
Nick
Chris Richardson
Phil
Brandon
Chris Sligh
AJ
Paul
Sundance
Jared
Rudy

Wednesday morning observations:
It looks like I am very off on my predictions. Not surprising. It's too early for me to predict what other people might be thinking. :) I? didn't vote. Please, people, don't make me have to vote this season.

I thought Paul Kim had a bigger following than he appears to have. His fans have done him a huge disservice.
I didn't know Sundance had as big a following as he appears to have. His people really pulled it all out for him last night. Good for him because I think he's better than he has been.
What is it that people don't like about Nick? I thought his voice was very swoony last night. I really liked him. Smooth. *shrug*
Apparently drunk people thought Jared did well. I'm hoping those people don't drunk dial.
Rudy? Was terrrrrrible and is about in the middle of the pack. *shudder*
I can see why people enjoyed AJ. But that same performance could have been sung at a karaoke bar and just as many people would have gotten up and danced. Notice I said "bar". I think the drunk people are at work again on this one. *giggle*

I am WAY out touch with the voting public. I better check on Vote for the Worst to see who they were voting...

Good news is that it looks like my cute little cuddly Justin clone puppy is going to do VERY well. I underestimated the people on that one. Yay for cuddlepuppy!

10 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! Ok, for the most part I agree with you, but I think maybe you are letting your pre-conceived (is that spelled right? I'm drunk) hatred of Jared get in the way. He was the one I was talking about in the post below, who I thought was the best of the night.
I also thought AJ was pretty good, and a lot of fun. He actually moved around the stage! I don't think anyone else did that.
Paul? Ugh. I think he's awful. I think he should go.

I really, really like Chris Sligh as a person, but when he's singing his lisp distracts me. (I get that he was bagging on Simon, but I didn't get the jokes. I guess I don't know enough about Simon or AI to understand. Heh.)

Jen said...

Alright, I just read the comments on the boards about Jared. No one else seemed that impressed with him. Maybe I'm delusional.

Actually? it's probably because I was singing along with the song, and I didn't actually hear HIM singing it. I heard ME singing it, thus... it was the best of the night.

(snort!)

Glowie said...

yikes. heh. I was trying to remember who I wasn't fond of besides Jared because I figured there was no way you thought he was the best. ew.

*giggle*

Glowie said...

ohhhhhhhhhh! You were drunk. That pretty much explains it, doesn't it?

Glowie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
arkie said...

I was disappointed in almost all of the guys. :(
I don't like Rudy and I hope he goes.
Brandon was good and should stay.
Sundance - Dude! What the hell happened to you between Memphis and now?
Paul - Not bad, but not great either.
Chris R - I dunno... something about his voice seemed to be off.
Nick - this was ok, but I hope he steps it up next week.
Blake - me likey.
Sanjaya - I hope he picks a better song for next week.
Chris S - I expected a better performance, but I still thought he was good. I didn't get the Teletubbies reference at first, but apparently some of the blame for the Teletubbies can be laid at Simon's feet. I know he produces El Devo (Divo?), but I've never actually heard anything they sing.
You can't be crushing on Simon because he's mine. I've been crushing on him from the beginning.
Jared, AJ, & Phil - meh, meh, & meh.
Yeah, it's two boots, and I'm thinking it should be either Rudy, Jared or AJ. I hope Sundance gets one more chance, but if he sucks again next week, then he needs to go.

Glowie said...

Arkie? I love you.

Glowie said...

OMG! I feel like I have to make Chris Richardson my obligation on the boards! Help me!

arkie said...

Hey! Where's the post for tonight's show?

Glowie said...

Just finished watching, arkie. I'm putting it up now.