Wednesday, February 28, 2007

2/28/07 - Top 10 Girls

Gina “Alone” - I liked it but Carrie Underwood nailed this song.

Alaina “Not Ready To Make Nice” - great song choice but the execution was really lacking. Still like her. Agree with Simon.

Lakisha “Midnight Train to Georgia” - last week was better. I ~actually~ think Paris did it better. I think she looks great.

Melinda “My Funny Valentine” - awesome. She’s so humble and talented. Simon nailed it again.

OMG!!!! AJ!!! I just realized who he reminds me of! Ricky from MSCL.

Antonella “Because You Loved Me”- horrible. She’s so pretty though... Wow. Did she just compare herself to Jennifer Hudson?

Jordin “Reflection” - parts of this were really good and parts were meh. She’s still a middle of the packer for me. I do like her this week though.

Stephanie “Dangerously In Love” - I really like her. I was impressed.

Leslie "Feeling Good" - She's different. ummm.. Is this the same song AJ did last night? She'll disappear with some of these other girls if she keeps like this. yep. Just like they just said.

Haley "Queen of the Night" - good for her for stepping up the tempo. She's hot. I thought she did well if for no other reason than it was fun and so different from last week.

Chris Richardson is adorable.

Sabrina "All the Man That I Need" - She is stunning. It seemed a little off vocally but she is stunning.

My rankings:

Melinda
Stephanie
Lakisha
Sabrina
Jordin
Gina
Haley
Leslie
Alaina
Antonella

11 comments:

Jen said...

OMG! I think this might be the first time in history (AI and Rock Star) that our rankings are the same. :D

Jen said...

And *snort* at AJ as Ricky. I totally see it!

Glowie said...

I seem to not be alone with my rankings this week. Interesting.

I have really warmed to AJ because of this Ricky thing. What does this mean? It means he's doomed.

Jen said...

I think he was already doomed. No one really seems to like him. I've loved both of his performances. Not enough to vote for him, but I will be sad to see him go.

Glowie said...

I haven't voted yet. I may get to the point where I feel like I have to but really... why bother? I went crazy voting last year. Bucky came in 8th and Chris came in 4th. I accomplished nothing! And then again with RockStar. ack. Every week. I voted for Ryan for 8 hours at a time. not this time. No way. Don't make me. (not that anybody there even deserves to lick the ground Ryan walks on but I digress)

Jen said...

Well you've just convinced me that there is no need for me to vote at all. Because at most, I would spend 1/2 hour voting for someone. If 8 hours worth of voting doesn't even make a difference then I'm not going to bother. And you shouldn't either. :)

Glowie said...

LOL. Well if we all take that attitude {{oooh Justin's on again}}} then they'll all be in trouble.

I think every 1/2 hour would help. :)

Glowie said...

oh. I didn't vote for Ryan every week for 8 hours. Just that one time (the week he was eliminated grrrr). I averaged two hours otherwise, I think. I forget. I didn't vote nearly as much with AI. Because I couldn't get through a lot. You know what I mean? You get mostly busy signals. Even when voting for Bucky. Lots of busy signals.

Jen said...

I remember one time you were so upset that you couldn't vote for Bucky because you had somewhere to go, so I voted for you. I think I got through about 30 times. There weren't many busy signals. Heh.

I used to vote for Benji on SYTYCD quite often. Never for 2 hours though. My phone battery doesn't even last that long. *snort*

Glowie said...

LOL. That's when I went to see 30STM. I made you and Carey (Michelle) vote for him for me. :)

Schnookie said...

I like Gina but for some reason I can't remember the song she sang.

I always thought Alaina was cute but she was never able to sing any of her songs that well.

Still loving Lakisha. I liked how she sang the song. I'm amazed that you can remember how other peeps sang the songs in the previous AI season.

LOVE Melinda. She's my fave! Such a cute face.

I really don't like Antonella. I think she reminds me of stuck-up beautiful girls that think they are too good for others. I never thought she had that good a voice and was surprised to hear that she actually can sing. Just not liking her for some reason.

Jordin. Can't remember her song. She must be forgettable.

I like Stephanie and enjoyed that song. I think it helps that I don't know many of the songs that are sung so it's like it's new for me. I didn't know it was a Beyonce song.

Leslie. Not surprised at all that she's gone. WTF was that skat thing she did? Isn't skat supposed to be sung fast? *shudder*

I have no thoughts on Haley. She's forgettable to me.

Sabrina ... OMH that is one of my all-time fave songs and I was hoping she'd do it justice. Was pretty good. I like her and hope she goes far.