Wednesday, February 21, 2007

2/21/07 - Top 12 Female Performance Night

We are clearly having a girl winner this year. Or Blake. *grin*

Stephanie “How Come You Don‘t Call Me” - already better than last night. I’m quite impressed. Really really liked her. Somebody needs to take the word “pitchy” out of Randy’s brain.

Amy “I Can‘t Make You Love Me” - I liked her. I like how she made this song her own. I’d like to see her move around a bit more next time.

Leslie “You Make Me Feel” - dog walker. My dream job. There’s potential there I think. I didn’t love it. I didn’t hate it. I think I like her though.

Sabrina “I Never Loved A Man” - I had no idea she was pretty. She’s very pretty. Whoa. Pipes. A little too much for me at the end but I thought the rest of it was great.

Antonella “I Don‘t Want To Miss A Thing” - I appreciate what she tried to do with the song. I do kind of like her voice. But it was not good for me.

Jordin “Give Me One Reason” - what she’s doing to this song is not working for me. I don't like her. I have no idea why but I haven't from day one. Her butchering a Tracy Chapman song has done nothing to better my opinion of her. I can still recognize that she can sing though.

Nicole “Stay” - I liked it. A lot. I can see how maybe that was a bit of a mess in places but for some reason I dug it big time. (I'm not motivated to rewatch the performances so I deleted it but Shawn said he didn't think it was that good)

Haley “It‘s All Coming Back To Me Now” - I remember her now! I liked her in the auditions. Let’s see what happens tonight. Hmmm. Didn’t love it. I think she has better in her.

Melinda “” - Now I get why everybody keeps talking about her. Not my favorite cuppa but I can recognize that she’s good.

Alaina “Brass In Pocket” - Liked the song choice. *sigh* I wanted her to be better. Ah well.

Gina “All By Myself” - I thought she was fantastic. I like her.

Lakisha “And I’m Telling You I’m Not Going” - And there it is. Outfreakingstanding. Love her.

Ranking:
Lakisha
Melinda
Gina
Sabrina
Stephanie
Nicole
Jordin
Amy
Leslie
Haley
Alaina
Antonella

------------

If you told me I had to choose between Friday Night Lights and everything else on television for the rest of my life, I would choo choo choose Friday Night Lights. This show is gorgeous. Connie Britton. Kyle Chandler. Taylor Kitsch. Scott Porter. Aimee Teegarden. Zach Gilford. Remember those names. Every time Taylor shines brilliance, I weep. What this show has done for him is a blessing. If that was the only thing this show has done for the world I would still love it forever. Wednesday is my favorite day of the week.

5 comments:

arkie said...

My rankings:
Lakisha
Gina
Jordin
Melinda
Stephanie
Sabrina
Haley
Alaina
Amy
Leslie
Antonella
Nicole

I told a co-worker yesterday afternoon that I was pinning my hopes for the show on Lakisha. She did not let me down.

Queen TV said...

Watched the girls last night, havn't gotten around to the guys yet, whoops. Anyway, I'm not to trilled with the power ballad or soul song choices. Everyone can't be Kelly Clarkson. Whats wrong with singing a normal song that was released this century?

Friday Night Lights is pure gold. I couldn't believe Tyra's mom slapped Buddy Garrity at church! Matt $ Sarah are too cute. And Coach & Tami are some of the best actors I've ever seen!

Glowie said...

OMG! Queen! *hops* Can I link your blog here? must.not.read.FNL.spoilers. *big huge grin*

I think that's why they have those dumbass theme nights... to save us all from going crazy from power ballads.

I'm so eager to read your blog to see what else you have awesome taste in besides FNL and RyRy.
(Matt and Julie, btw)

Queen TV said...

Gosh, I know its Matt $ Julie! I must have had a brain fart this morning.

You sure can link to my blog!!! I would love it.

I like lots of other shows too. I love doing spoilers but some are easier to get than others. Rescue Me is my other biggie.

arkie said...

At least two of the people I thought should go, did go. I said Rudy for the guys, and for the girls, I ranked Nicole as last. Usually the ones I don't like stick around for-freakin'-ever.