Tuesday, February 27, 2007

2/27/07 - Top 10 guys

I never watched the results show from last week. I know who was voted off. Obviously. Anyway. My husband is upstairs watching hockey. I was watching General Hospital on the DVR. The episode was over and I saw that Chris Richardson was coming up. So I waited. I saw Brandon and Chris. I am currently watching last week's FNL again. (love that show)

Brandon "Time After Time" - meh. way too boring and safe. It wasn't bad but it wasn't really noteworthy. And aren't these supposed to be noteworthy at this point?

Chris R. "Geek in the Pink" - he is adorable and on fucking fire. ah to be 22 again.

I wanted to post about clone puppy at RTVW and started to read the notes that they wrote about him and Brandon. I stopped though because I'm going to have to watch this again with hubbers in a bit here.

k... 10:10 and I'm just starting it now.

Phil "Missing You" - I really like his voice. Still want him to have hair. Tone. Paula said "tone". Yep. Lovely. I agreed with everything Simon said until he got to the end. I think he's much better than a karaoke singer.

Jared "Let's Get It On" - his parents?!?! ummm. ew. I'm sorry but I can't hear him at all because I cannot stand his face. I'm sorry. What was it I said? evil cartoon villian. I make icky face when he is on my television. *cringe* His parents?!?! Poor Paul was robbed last week. Maybe I'll try to not look at him next week... please don't be there next week.

AJ "Feeling Good" - that? was wonderful! Yay for him! That was a trillion times better than last week! Best so far. I hope it keeps getting better through the night.

Sanjaya "I'm Stepping Out" - ugh. He is so good. I wish he'd sing younger or something. :( He opens his mouth and a song comes out. It's effortless. And he sings this crap. *sigh* Simon said it. "I don't get why you did that."

Chris Sligh "Trouble" - whoa. wifey pretty. Loved everything about every second of it.

Nick "Fever" - even before he started singing, I loved it. How awesome was that dedication to his girlfriend? Lucky girl. Then he stated to sing. Hot damn! The tonal quality or something. That smokey raspy voice. yummy. That song makes me all hot to begin with but with this voice I get a little tingly. nice. "vote for Pedro" Awesome. heh. (as an aside. I bought Shawn a Vote For Pedro t-shirt. It's black. ~Jen, have you seen it?~ I washed white stuff. With bleach. Then I washed dark stuff. Well. There are bleach spots all.over. that shirt. And I won't let Shawn do the laundry because I don't want him to fuck anything up. *snort*)

Blake "Virtual Insanity" - I hate that hat. Hate it. He's definitely got some talents that these other guys don't. I think he's great. I didn't love the falsetto at the end.

Brandon
Chris R.

Sundance "Mustang Sally" - I'm pretty much over him, I think. This is a safe song. He needs to really step it up to get my vote back. Not that I'm voting this year because I am not. *clears throat* What? I'm not. hrmpf.

oh. the rankings.
The first three were hard for me to put in any order. I really liked all three of them about the same for different reasons in different ways. Or something. I liked all three.
1. Nick
1. Chris Sligh
1. Chris Richardson (hubby's fave of the night)
4. Blake
5. AJ
6. Phil
7. Sanjaya
8. Brandon
9. Sundance
10. Jared - It's probably not fair. I know. I'm sorry. I can't hear him though.

4 comments:

arkie said...

First? You'll vote. You won't be able to stop yourself. *grin*

Brandon - he still stands and uses his hands as if he's the back up singer, not the star. I was not overly impressed with the vocals, and Brandon is one of those that I *want* to like, but he's making it hard to get behind him.

Chris R - Something about his dancing distracts me from his singing. Maybe because the camera isn't in the right location for him the whole time, so he appears to be bobbing up and down like George Huff used to.

Phil - I agree with Simon. He has a good voice, but he doesn't stand out.

Jared - I was so skeeved out by him dedicating "Let's Get it On" to his Mom & Dad.

AJ - I like him better when I sit in another room, so I only hear him and don't see him.

Sanjaya - his voice sounded so weak in that performance. I hope if he makes it to next week, he picks a better song.

Chris S. - Me likey much, much. He has such a baby face that doesn't seem to match his voice. But I was totally digging him.

Nick - Loved it. I disagree with Simon about the lack of charisma. I thought Nick was very charismatic.

Blake - That sounded too much like a version by a tribute/cover band. And I didn't like the beat box in the middle of the song.

Sundance - I like this song, and he didn't butcher it, but I'm not sure that it's a hard song to sing if you have the least bit of talent. Sundance's physical appearance is reminding me of my ex-hub, so I'm starting to have a really hard time liking him. I think it's the shape of the head. They both have bucket heads.

I think the two who might go will be Jared and Sanjaya.

Glowie said...

I don't think Sanjaya will go anywhere and that makes me kind of nervous for somebody who could potentially be crush-worthy.

Jen said...

I can't respond to everything right now, so I'll just say:

Yes, it was totally creepy that he dedicated "Let's Get It On" to his parents, but I still think he sang it well. I hated the big white tennis shoes with the suit though.

I have not seen that t-shirt, but I do have a "Vote For Pedro" magnet hanging up at my desk. LOL.
And I too was a little swoony at his voice. If my mom hadn't been here, I might've gotten a little excited. *snort*

Schnookie said...

I could almost say ditto to what Arkie wrote.

Brandon - I'm bored with him. I wish he would sing something upbeat.

Chris R - His dancing moves freak me out. I'm not that crazy about his voice. Then again, I cannot stand Justin Timberlake so maybe that has something to do with it LOL.

Phil - I like him but wish he'd sing something more powerful.

Jared - I can't remember him.

AJ - I didn't like him last week but liked him a bit better this week. I don't understand the raves about him.

Sanjaya - I keep hoping he'll come out and sing something WOW and he always disappoints me. He was barely singing. And, I must be the only one on this earth that does not like his smile. It's nice once in a while but it seems to be always there. STOP SMILING! :-) I do believe he'll be there for a while.

Chris S. - I keep waiting for him to wow me. I hated him after his war of words with Simon last week. He's got a good voice.

Nick - I must be missing something with Nick. I like him but don't think he's that great.

Blake - I love this guy and enjoyed the beat box portion of the song. I loved him last week better.

Sundance - I'm still not sure if I like this guy or not.

I think Brandon and Jared will go.

I'm giving the guys one more week then I'll be able to decide who I really like. I think. :-)