Wednesday, May 09, 2007

5/9/07 "Top" Four Performances

Bee Gee week!

(I hope this is the right one. Can't see it on the work computer.)

I was a bit bummed about the "talent" left to perform this week. Because I think Chris would have knocked this shit straight out of the park. ah well.

Melinda “Love You Inside and Out” – I really really liked this. The judges didn't. *rolls eyes*
Blake “You Should Be Dancing” – hmmm. His falsetto is very weak and not very good. You know who would have pulled this off? You know who I’m going to say, right? *sigh* I do love Blake though and I hate the attempted vote manipulation. Yes, it happens every year. I know. That doesn't mean I have to like it. Thankfully though, he has a bunch of fans and the Chris Rich fans want to keep him in.
Lakisha “Stayin Alive” – yikesy.
Jordin “To Love Somebody” - dammit. She was supposed to suck tonight.
Melinda “How Can You Mend a Broken Heart” – I thought her first one was loads better. I said, “If they say this was better than the first, I’ll scream." Then Randy said it. Yes, I screamed.
Blake “This is Where I Came In” – loved it. I am so in love with him for picking an obscure BeeGees song. I would buy this song (and I probably will).
Lakisha “Run To Me” – The reason I usually do these when I watch it (especially this year) is because I forget forgettable performances. Sorry Lakisha.
Jordin “A Woman in Love” – I liked it. I didn’t want to. I wanted her to suck tonight but even I can’t say she did.

Barry Gibb embraced the fact that Blake wanted to change things up a bit. I hope Jon Bon Jovi was watching. *heart* Barry Gibb

*yawn*

1. Blake “This is Where I Came In” (obscurity merits bonus points from Glowie)
2. Melinda “Love You Inside and Out”
3. Jordin “A Woman in Love”
4. Jordin “To Love Somebody”
5. Blake “You Should Be Dancing”
6. Lakisha “Run To Me” (only because I remember hating it less than the next two)
7. Melinda “How Can You Mend a Broken Heart”
8. Lakisha “Stayin Alive”

1 comment:

Velva said...

Oh man... there was some definite weirdness tonight. I have to say that LaKisha just annoyed the crap out of me tonight, and what's up with her ignoring the coaches advice... again!

My order
1. Melinda “Love You Inside and Out” (Dave asked if this was a guest star or a competitor halfway through the song - it was that good)
2. Blake “This is Where I Came In” (dang that's a pretty song... the beatboxing didn't belong though)
3. Jordin “A Woman in Love”
4. Blake “You Should Be Dancing” (too much beatboxing, but it fit nicely in this song)
5. Jordin “To Love Somebody”
6. Melinda “How Can You Mend a Broken Heart”
7. Lakisha “Run To Me” (bleah)
8. Lakisha “Stayin Alive” (Gah! This was horrid!)