Thursday, May 24, 2007

American Idol Season 6 Finale (Finally)

Here we go. I’m not even sure why I’m watching this. My eyes hurt so much from all the eye rolling this season.

Ryan tells Simon he already looks bored. And he does. And it just makes me love him more.

Blake and Jordin singing “I Saw Her Standing There”. Hey! This song says “She was just 17…” And guess.how.old.Jordin.is. *rolls eyes*

Gwen singing “Four in the Morning” via satellite. Did they play the track and show her singing live? Because she didn’t look like she was singing what we were hearing. She was moving her mouth weird. But I liked the song.

Kelly Clarkson singing live on the Idol stage for the first time since she won. “Never Again” Awesome. Wow! She’s so good. Hot boots.

Oy. The Golden Idol Awards. *rolls eyes* The only thing I will say about them is Cake was robbed of the Best Buddies award. Jonathan and Kenneth were fun though.

Top six guys. FI-NAL-LY! There’s my little Cuddlepuppy. *ovaries* It’s crazy how much I just want to hug him when he’s on the screen. Such a good hugger. Smokey Robinson comes out and spoils my moment. He sounds good though. Looks like they hired the Dancing With The Stars camera men for the finale. Dude, I don’t care what the audience is doing. *rolls eyes* Show me my Chris.

Blake, Doug E Fresh and Barry B. That? was awesome. It woke up a tired season (a few months too late). It’s amazing to me what he can do with his mouth. umm (“what he can do with is mouth” is echoing in my head)… mmmmm Cake.

Golden Idol yadda yadda *rolls eyes*

Top *rolls eyes* six girls. *yawn* I talked to my husband through all of this.
Gladys Knight was great.

Tony Bennett. I fast forwarded through this. Sue me.

Melinda with the people she used to sing backup for. BB and CC something. She sounds better than they do. Hubby paused the show after this and went to marinade steaks for tomorrow night's (tonight’s) dinner and I heard him singing this song (something about lights, right?) in the kitchen. So cute.

Ford commercial (“Time After Time”) looks like behind the scenes stuff. So cute that they all got along so well.

Jordin *rolls eyes* and Blake get new Mustangs. Blake is adorable.

Carrie Underwood “I’ll Stand By You”. Awesome. She’s gorgeous.

Clive Davis. *rolls eyes* Carrie sold six million records.

African Children’s Choir. OhmyGod how I love these kids. *holds onto ovaries*

Sanjaya with Joe Perry “You Really Got Me”. Awesome! Laugh at him all you want, people. Your kids will be waiting in line to buy his record and crying every time he’s on television. Flashback of me watching the Osmonds: *sob* I *sob* love Donny *sob*. SHUT.UP. I told you I was like three years old.

Green Day “Working Class Hero”. Now I remember why I’m watching this. Soooooo good. Remind me why I hated them for a couple years a little while back.

Taylor Hicks “Heaven Knows”. Okay. I was over him by I think about this time last year. He’s alright but whatever.

Ruben and Jordin “You’re All I Need To Get By”. *rolls eyes* Ruben sounds good. Sounds like the sound people turned down Screechin’s microphone. *yawn*

Bette Midler “Wind Beneath My Wings”. *rolls eyes* Yikesy. Sue me.

Tribute to Sgt. Pepper. Kelly Clarkson and Joe Perry. "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" Awesome. Kelly introduces Taylor. "A Day In The Life" Pretty damn good. Taylor introduces Carrie. "She's Leaving Home" Awesome. Top six girls again singing backup (or something) for Carrie. *rolls eyes* Ruben with the top 12. “With A Little Help From My Friends”. Sligh is back on form it seems. Hey baby? It’s like 10 weeks too late.

Hmmm… glad we set the DVR to record the news.

Blake and Jordin on stage waiting for the results. 74 million votes. Blake kisses Jordin’s hand. Classy. Jordin looks smug and expectant. *rolls eyes* And the winner is… Jordin. *rolls eyes and sees back of head*

Jordin screeches her way through “This Is My Now”. *rolls eyes* She’s fake-crying again too. *rolls eyes* What a horrible song. Cuddlepuppy shows her respect and leads the others in doing the same. This chick has absolutely nothing to offer the music industry. That's a shame.

mmmm Cake


Rankings:
1. Cuddlepuppy in a white suit
2. Green Day
3. Kelly Clarkson
4. Blake and Doug E Fresh
5. African Childrens Choir
6. Sanjaya and Joe
7. Carrie Underwood

P.S. Dear Constantine, get a life. Thanks.
My husband thinks he's funny. Every time that skeevy weirdo showed up on the screen, hubby would say, "Look! There's your boyfriend." And then he'd rewind it and pause.

2 comments:

arkie said...

I honestly thought at first, when Bette came out, that this was supposed to be some kind of a joke. I like Bette Midler (mainly because I remember her early stuff and her really fun video of her cover of Beast of Burden), but that was horrid. I thought it was a really bad impersonator, then I thought maybe she just had a cold or something. Whatever. It was horrid.

I love Kelly Clarkson. I can't wait for her new CD to come out.

Loved the performance with Blake and Doug E Fresh. Blake should have won.

Schnookie said...

I love Bette Midler but boy did she butcher the song. I adore that song.

I also love Kelly Clarkson but was trying to figure out what she was singing. It sounded like a complete mess. I was thinking it the background music was too loud or something. And, she needs to dress a little better.

Did anyone else notice Carrie wiping her nose as she came out singing during the Beatle's medley?

It was nice to see Blake get to shine. He's going to do well.

Chris D. is wearing way too much eyeliner and it looks like he had his eyebrows waxed. Pity.

Jordin sucks *blech*