Tuesday, April 10, 2007

4/10/07 Top However Many Performance Show... Eight?

Jennifer Lopez "unstoppable force". Really? Dammit she's gorgeous. I always want to say she isn't but I can't.

Melinda "Sway" - She did this well enough I suppose but I don't like the song. It's overdone or something. And that note at the end? Give it a rest, girl. "Cabaret". yep.
LOL. "He really wanted to say something bad and I'm glad he got the chance." heh.
Maybe she does have a personality. bah. Who cares?

Lakisha "Conga" - Not her best vocal performance but it is my favorite performance of hers since I don't know when. I'm still bored with her though. And I don't think this was her "comfort zone".

Chris "Smooth" - sexy. Liked it. Didn't love it.

Haley "Turn The Beat Around" - Blake with the beatboxing. awww. At least she recognizes her assets. I would think having somebody on this show that is this bad would be embarrassing for them.

Phil "Maria Maria" - liked it all except for those two ouchy screechies.

Jordin "Rhythm Is Gonna Get You" - not hating it. not loving it. not caring.

Blake "I Need To Know" - good song choice. At one spot during the performance where we had a right side profile view, he looked out into the crowd (at Paula?) and pointed and smile. HOTT. He looked realllll good there. Loved it. Nice. Love Blake.

Sanjaya "Besame Mucho" - ahhhhhhhhhhhh. He sounded GREAT during rehearsal with Jennifer. He's looking good. He's sounding amazing. He's eyefucking the camera. Love it. Awesome that he sung it in Spanish. Second best of the night for me. Honestly and truly. Just love this kid.

Rankem':
Blake
Sanjaya
Chris
Jordin
Lakisha
Phil
Melinda
Haley

1 comment:

Velva said...

So here's my ranking for this one:
Blake-Sanjaya
Jordin
Chris
Phil
Melinda
Lakisha
Haley

Here's the thing... I LOVE every song that got covered last night, so I'm gonna hold anyone who sings them to a pretty high standard. I really love that Sanjaya and Blake just sang the damn songs and tried to get all the notes and the rhythms right. Also, Sanjaya is cuter than a bugs ear. Blake's outfit was, once again, unfortunate.

The thing with Latin-rhythm music is that you can't just treat it like a caberet song or an R&B joint where the notes and rhythms are open to interpretation (see LaKisha for an example of that approach). You have to sing the damn notes the way they are written and pay attention to the rhythms because you are singing with the orchestra, they are not playing with you.

I did feel kind of bad for Hailey when they announced that she had chosen the hardest song of the bunch, but I got ovr it after three notes when I realized that she was unaware that she was butchering it. Can she go home NOW?