Tuesday, April 03, 2007

4/3/07 Top Nine Performanzzzzzz

I can't even fake excitement.

What a horribly boring season this is. I feel so bad for Gina, Blake and Chris because I like them. But this show this season? yikes. If they don't want Sanjaya to win, they totally deserve it if he does. He makes it interesting. He's sweet. Most importantly, he's moldable. And little girls like him.

What the heck are Randy and Paula wearing?

Tony Bennett... 50 years. 106 albums.

Blake "Mack The Knife" - He's sounding fine but I don't love it. Not his fault.

Phil "Night and Day" - Tony says he's a real good singer. Nice. His voice is sounding great. Good song choice. Not sure why the judges thought it was so bad. Awww. He said he was focusing on his wife. Awww.

Melinda "I Got Rhythm" - I don't buy the false modesty anymore. The compliments shouldn't be that shocking at this point. She sounded fanfreakintastic though. No denying that.

Still bored.

Chris "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" - Baby's looking all kinds of good tonight. *shallow* That was a great song choice. He did well. Not boring. Thank you, clonepuppy.

Jordin "On A Clear Day" - don't like it. Sounds whiny and weird. Praise from the judges.

Gina "Smile" - beautiful song. beautiful girl. nicely done. fuck off, Simon.

Sanjaya "Cheek to Cheek" - sooooooo adorable dancing with Paula. Did he sound great? no. Was he boring? no. There is such potential in his voice, I hate when they bag on him. Mold him. Can't beat it, mold it.

Hayley "boobs" - oh that's not the name of the song? "Ain't Misbehavin'" blech. I like her less and less every week. I'm very bitter that she is there at all. She just totally sucks. Love the total non-pimpage. Why is she there? How?

Lakisha "Stormy Weather" - Tony wants her to sing it the way it's written. zzzzzzzzzzz... Did she? Sorry. I fell asleep. Seriously though? Hated it.

Mandisa came in 9th... just sayin.

Rankingzzzzzzzz:

Melinda
Chris
Gina
Phil
Blake
Sanjaya
Jordin
Lakisha
Hayley

Let's see if it changes after the second viewing when I watch with the hubby.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Guess I picked a great season to start watching AI, huh? I'm kind of immune to all the "this is the worst season ever" comments though. I hear that enough on Survivor, TAR, Bachelor, pretty much any reality show, actually. Someone always thinks it's the worst ever.

But I don't doubt you. I only care about Blake and Chris. Chris. mmmmmm. I have to watch him again. And I need to find that cowboy Ford commercial on youtube or somewhere. *grin*

Velva said...

OK... I actually watched this last night. Liked Blake's singing - HATED his outfit. It would have gone better if he had worn the entire blue suit. Chris was OK, but again with the bad outfit. The pants and belt lok much nicer without the damn dangling suspenders.

Melinda was perfect... again. I'm getting bored of her though. Lakisha? Well, somebody's got a pretty big ego ignoring Tony Benett's recommendation! (BTW, he was right.) Jordin is sweet and finally learning to stand up straight. I'd love to hear what that voice sounds like when she grows up.

Big surprise of the night... hubby loved Sanjaya! I like him better when he's singing pop standards then when he's trying to do the more modern stuff. Paula's right... he's an entertainer.

Phil was Phil and didn't make much impression, but at least boyfriend could find both halves of his suit. Can Haley go home now please? She annoys me.

Velva said...

Oh yeah... Gina sounded lovely on a pretty tough song.

Glowie said...

Jen, as much as I say this is the worst season ever, I'm not so sure it's worse than season 3 (Fantasia ~ I liked her on the show but as soon as it was over I stopped caring about her). It's just that this season following last season makes it kind of... hmmm... well, boring. And it is SO obvious they want a strictly pop singer (Jordin and Chris are not the best singers there... much as I likes me some Chris). They're positioning Melinda in their "I can't believe she didn't win!" spot. And I'm sure a lot of people will be stunned when she doesn't.

Velva, lol at Phil finding both halves of his suit. And yeah, ignoring Tony was a big mistake for Lakisha. Does that last line she mumbled out (while trying to eyefuck the camera) even belong in that song?

Why do I insist on putting an extra Y in Haley? Not that it matters.

Velva said...

BAH!

They kept skanky Haley and let nice Gina go! Now I'm cranky.