Wednesday, April 25, 2007

4/25/07 Top Six Results Show
Idol Gives Back Special

Shocking results? Is Melinda going home? No. Is Jordin going home? No. So… are we going to be shocked?

I like Ellen. She always makes me laugh.

Earth, Wind and Fire? Still great. Loved their medley.

Randy in New Orleans. He has a nice narrating voice.

I’m glad to see them pull some good out of this season.

Quincy Jones. “Time To Care” - the first time I said “wow” all season. That was for Phil. Not cray about the song.

Oooh! It’s Will. Dammit. What’s his real name?

David Schwimmer.

Awwww. Sanjaya in the audience.

Ben Stiller. Ha. That was funny.

I’m a sucker for Simon and Ryan in Africa. It touches me. They were making this joke about Simon wearing the same shirt the whole time and that they were probably only there for ten minutes. I don’t care how long they were there. Because they were there and to me and my weak and unstable emotions, it’s touching.

Hmmm. Does Simon have stage fright?

Eww. I’m not sre who this woman is. Oh. It’s a Desperate Houswives lady. She’s icky looking. Terri Hatcher.

Forrest Whitaker.

Melinda is safe. I’m no shocked yet.

Oh look at that, Paula went out of her way to go to the Boys and Girls Club in Hollywood. Simon and Ryan went to Africa, honey.

Back to Ellen.

Il Divo. I love these guys. Not a whole lot, mind you, since I always forget I like them. But this? I’ll buy from itunes. Yes, I will. Remind me okay? So much easier for me to appreciate when they’re singing in English.

Dr. Phil quotes Abe Lincoln. “you’ll never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child” Nice.

Hugh Laurie. Mmmmm. The accent.

Jack Black!!!! Ooh and Seal.

Blake is safe. I’m a little surprised about that but not really. I think he has great in him so I’m glad.

Carrie Underwood. Gorgeous. Stunning. Loved her rendition of “I’ll Stand By You”. Gorgeous video.

Ellen talking about Sanjaya’s hair.

Rascal Flatts. Always a pleasure. Except for that one video that woke me up once in the middle of the night crying.

Myspace Tom. Hey he’s really cute. I didn’t realize that.

Paula narrating about Kentucky.

Ford commercial. Phil looks good in a cowboy hat. Chris looks good with a dog.
Loved the “Stayin Alive” hickey! I want to rewatch it so I can figure out who all was there.

Phil is safe. Not shocking.

Ryan and Simon in Africa again. Gah. Heartbreaking.

Ellen is donating $100k. If everybody with her kind of money would do that…

Josh Grobin with the African Children’s Choir. When those kids sung by themselves the first time, I lost it and I didn’t recover through the whole song. That was beautiful. I’ll buy that from itunes too.

Chris Daughtry has been to four funerals. I only mention that because… well, because I love Chris Daughtry.

Kelly Clarkson with Jeff Beck. She’s chubby and brunette again. Gorgeous as ever. Wow she’s incredible. I want that dress. Find me that dress.

Simon on the Simpsons. That was hilarious! Marge trying to get her fingers right. Lisa acting drunk. Hah.

Lakisha is safe. I’m a little surprised about that too. But unless it’s Jordin going home, I can’t be shocked.

Duet. Celine and Elvis. That was cheesy and weird but I absolutely loved it.
Ryan told some little girl he would explain that to her. I hope he does it on air because I need some explaining too.

Madonna. She is beautiful.
*runs to check coat pockets for forgotten money*

Annie Lennox. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Will’s real name? Eric McCormack. That was bugging me.

Okay I am shocked. Nobody’s going home. But they’re sending two home next week. Jeez.

There’s Bono finally. He’s a beautiful man. Inside and out.

Final Six with “American Prayer”. Anddddddddd… my DVR cut off. *rolls eyes*

2 comments:

arkie said...

I loved tonight's show. I cried so much. It was all very moving to me.

Velva said...

Yeah... my DVR cut off too. *urgh*

So, does anyone else think that was a mean thing for Ryan to do to Jordin? Leaving her for last after saying everyone else was safe... poor kid was crying. He must have given her a heart attack.

They were talking about Appalachia, and Evie turned to me and said "That's in America?" She was transfixed by all of the videos she saw.

Simon moved to tears of desperation because he couldn't help right that minute and make everything all better. I respected him before, but now I like him too.